Thursday, June 7, 2012

Italians Don't Wear Color

Sorry for my recent hiatus, I’ve been globe trotting but it is great to be home. I spent a few weeks traveling around Italy and I figured for my first post back I would say a few words on the fashion I encountered. My few word are: Italians don’t wear color.

Wearing black is the go to for the “most fashionable” people who want to look chic and sophisticated at the drop of a hat. For years I’ve heard people say that “red is the new black” or blue or pink or even brown (gross) but if you ask Italian women they’ll say “nero e il nuovo nero.”

Call me a philistine or a hippy-flower-child or just too American but I just can’t wear all black all the time. I crave color and light and vibrancy!

My summer wardrobe is packed with colored jeans, cobalt blue sandals, and shirts in nearly every shade of the rainbow; not to mention bright red hair and purple nail polish.


I may have stuck out like a sore thumb in Italy but I looked darn good doing it and I plan to keep it up for the rest of the summer.


I’ll be sure to post again soon about all fabulous designers I saw and fun Museum activities!

Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment